Blog » blog-categories • Winning Recipes
Whether you started a garden this year or are a green-thumbed pro, it’s the best time of year to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Tomato Bruschetta is a simple dish you can create in 20-30 minutes any time of year, but everything is better when you use fresh, high quality ingredients. Where is the best place to find them, your garden or favorite roadside stand of course! Pick those tomatoes and harvest some basil – let’s get started.
6 Roma Tomatoes (1 1/2 lbs), Diced
1/3 C Basil Leaves, Chopped
5 Garlic Cloves, Divided
1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Balsamic Glaze (Optional)
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 C Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1. Core and dice tomatoes. Drain any excess juice allowing for the flavor of your tomatoes to really pop and become more concentrated. Transfer tomatoes to a medium sized bowl. Tip – Roma tomatoes are firmer and have less juice than other varieties making them perfect for bruschetta.
2. Stack basil leaves and roll them into a tube. Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the basil into ribbons and transfer to the tomato bowl. Using fresh basil, not dried, will only give your food an extra punch of rich flavor.
3. Finely mince 5 garlic cloves. Mix 1 tsp of minced garlic with 3 Tbsp of olive oil and set aside. Add the remaining minced garlic to the mixing bowl with tomatoes.
4. Season tomatoes with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp balsamic, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Stir gently to combine and set aside to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F with a rack in the center of the oven.
2. Cut baguette into 1/2” thick slices, slicing diagonally. Place toasts on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Brush the garlic infused olive oil on both sides of the toast.
4. Bake for 5 minutes and then broil on high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
5. Spoon topping onto toast slices and top with parmesan cheese. Finish off the dish by drizzling extra virgin olive oil or a balsamic glaze.
It’s simple with a punch of flavor straight from your garden. Doesn’t get much better than that, well maybe if you’re enjoying this homemade entree with your favorite person and a glass of wine! Don’t forget to share photos on social media with #FourWindsCasino or by emailing photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emailed or tagged photos could be featured on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest pages!
The Culinary Team at Four Winds Casinos is dedicated to the art of preparing and serving delectable dishes. We enjoy sharing recipes with our guests and fans because we know you love our restaurants—which are some of the finest restaurants in New Buffalo, Michigan, South Bend, Indiana and the surrounding area. Four Winds New Buffalo offers fine dining at Copper Rock Steakhouse and our popular Timbers Fast Food & Deli. Taking Michiana taste buds by storm is Four Winds South Bend featuring the second location of Copper Rock Steakhouse, Kankakee Grille offering modern dining with a twist, and the fourth location of Timbers Fast Food & Deli.