Pineapple Salmon Skewers
Spring is finally arriving and it’s the best time to start prepping your grill for all your spring and summer meals. Brats, steaks, and corn on the cob are great, but our Pineapple Salmon Skewers are full of flavor and just what your grilling rotation needs.
3 Cups Pineapple, Cubed
1 Cup Red Onion, Large Dice
1 lb. Salmon, Cut into Cubes
3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
3 Tbsp. Sweet Chili Sauce
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
2 tsp. Fresh Grated Ginger
2 tsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
1/2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Toasted Sesame Seeds for Garnish
Thin Sliced Green Onions for Garnish
Lime Wedges for Garnish
Fried Wonton Strips for Garnish
1. Preheat grill to medium heat and place wooden skewers in water to soak.
2. Skewer the pineapple, red onion, and salmon pieces, alternating, until all are used, then place on a large baking sheet.
3. In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, chili sauce, ginger, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes, and season with salt. Whisk until combined and brush all over skewers.
4. Place the skewers on the grill and cook, flipping once, brushing with any remaining sauce, until salmon is cooked through (about 8-10 minutes).
5. Garnish with sesame seeds, crumbled fried wantons, and green onions and serve with lime wedges.
Did you enjoy the perfect complement of tangy and sweet? What side dish did you pair your skewers with: Tomato Bruschetta, Grilled Romain Salad, or a Roasted Butternut Squash and Wild Mushroom Salad? Share photos on social media with #FourWindsCasino or by emailing photos to email@example.com. Tune in to more Cooking Creations with Chef Brandon on our Instagram and Facebook accounts for step by step videos.