Mushroom Parmesan Risotto
Risotto is great to enjoy but can be very intimidating to make at home as your sole focus must be on the entrée to have it turn out perfect. Chef Thomas takes us step by step on Cooking Creations with a Mushroom Parmesan Risotto. His 6-year-old loves it and it’s a recipe that can be easily adapted for personal tastes: vegan, steak, shrimp, chicken, tofu.
If you have the time, let’s get started on making your new favorite entrée!
1 C Arborio Rice
1 Tbsp Butter
8 oz Mushrooms
1 Shallot, Whole
¾ C White Wine
½ C Parmesan Cheese
4 C Beef Broth
½ tsp Salt
- Bring broth to a boil on stove.
- In a separate pan melt the butter.
- Sauté the shallots till they are translucent, add mushrooms, thyme, and salt in the melted butter.
- Once ingredients have cooked, add rice and toast for approximately three minutes.
- Deglaze the rice pan with the wine and cook until the alcohol cooks off and only a little bit of moisture is left in the ingredients.
- Add one cup of both and stir or shake pan until all broth is absorbed. Repeat until all the broth has been added. Adding the liquid slowly helps to better incorporate into the dish and keeps you from boiling the ingredients. On the last cup of broth be sure to cook until most of the broth has been absorbed.
- Add parmesan and remove from heat.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
You’ve done it! Top it with steak, shrimp, or tofu, and enjoy. Share your photos by using #FourWindsCasino or emailing photos to email@example.com. Tune in to more Cooking Creations on our Instagram and Facebook accounts for step-by-step videos.