Honey Walnut Shrimp
You’ve probably had a similar dish at many Asian dining spots, but Chef Brandon says this recipe from Chef Kuo is the bees’ knees. That’s enough for us to get excited, so let’s dive in.
½ Cup Water
½ Cup Sugar
½ Cup Walnuts
1 lb. Medium Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Canola or Peanut Oil
2 Egg Whites
½ Cup Cornstarch
¼ Cup Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 Tbsp Honey
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water and sugar until dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly reduced and thickened.
- Add walnuts and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove walnuts and arrange in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool and dry.
- In a wide pan over medium heat, heat about 2-inches deep of oil.
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy. Slowly add cornstarch and whisk together to form a batter.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. Dip shrimp one by one into the cornstarch batter to fully coat.
- Add to the heated oil and deep-fry until lightly browned. With a slotted spoon, remove from pan and drain on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, condensed milk, and honey. Stir until smooth.
- Add fried shrimps and gently toss in sauce to coat.
- Transfer to serving platter and garnish with candied walnuts.
The aroma is tantalizing, and the flavor is remarkable! Pair this with stir fried rice or ramen noodles and get ready to add it to your dinner rotation. Share your photos by using #FourWindsCasino or emailing photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tune in to more Cooking Creations on our Instagram and Facebook accounts for step-by-step videos.