Blog » blog-categories • Winning Recipes
Chocolate Caramel Bark
Desserts are the staple to every gathering but even more soduring the winter holidays. While the holidays may look a little different in 2020 this simple dessert will be one to share for generations to come and is simple enough to make for a little reminder of the best of times. Chocolate, caramel, sweet, salty, need we say more? Let’s get to cookin’!
30 Saltine Crackers
1 C Dark Brown Sugar, Packed
1 C Unsalted Butter (2 sticks)
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 C (10-12 ounces) Semi- Sweet Chocolate, Chopped (Good quality makes a difference here)
1/2 C Pecans, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 10″x15″ pan with non-stick Aluminum foil or regular heavy-duty foil, making sure the foil completely covers the bottom and sides of the pan. Tip. If you are using regular foil, lightly spray with baking spray. Line crackers in a single layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Make the caramel sauce by placing the brown sugar, butter and salt in a medium sized saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently until butter melts. Continue to cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasional, just until the mixture comes to a boil and starts to darken. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Note: You are not accurately making true caramel here, so you do not need to be as precise or worry about the temperature of the caramel. Just make sure it comes to a boil and wait for it to darken slightly, then continue.
- Pour the hot brown sugar over the saltine crackers and spread until evenly coated.
- Move the pan to the oven and bake for 5 minutes. The caramel will be hot and bubbly.
- While the crackers are baking, melt the chocolate. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave in 30-second intervals at full-power, stirring between each cook time until the chocolate has melted.
- Once the crackers are done baking, remove from oven and low to cool – exactly 1 minute – until the caramel is no longer bubbling. Then pour the melted chocolate over the crackers. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the top. After chocolate is evenly spread, sprinkling chopped pecans over the top.
- Let the crackers cool to room temperature and then move them to the refrigerator to cool overnight.
- The crackers will form a single sheet once cool. Remove from pan and gently peel the foil away, being careful not to tear the foil. If any bits of foil tear and get stuck in the caramel, break those bits away and discard. Cut the candy into snack-sized pieces using a chef knife. Or for a fun, not so easy way, use your hands for some holiday therapy.
- Enjoy! Bark can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week.
Need a little holiday cheer? Nibble on Chocolate Caramel Bark with your favorite red wine on an online holiday party! Don’t forget to share photos on social media with #FourWindsCasino or by emailing photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emailed or tagged photos could be featured on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest pages!
The Culinary Team at Four Winds Casinos is dedicated to the art of preparing and serving delectable dishes. We enjoy sharing recipes with our guests and fans because we know you love Copper Rock Steakhouse, Kankakee Grille, Timbers, and White Birch Market.