Blog » blog-categories • Winning Recipes
Crispy Onion, Mushroom and Steak Pizza
Breakfast, Dessert, Pepperoni, Hawaiian, you can enjoy pizza anytime, any day of the week! Chef Brandon mixes up the sauce and toppings to create a new twist on a family favorite.
White Garlic Pizza Sauce
2 Tbs Unsalted Butter
2 Tbs All-Purpose Flour
1 1/4 C Milk, (2% or Whole Milk)
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
3 Cloves Garlic, pressed or finely grated
1/2 C Parmesan, shredded
1 Large Sweet Onion
1 C Buttermilk
1 1/2 C All-Purpose Flour
2 Tbs Blackened/Cajun Seasoning
1/2 tsp Salt
2 C Vegetable oil
12 oz NY Strip Steak, sliced (any cut of steak would do), grilled to desired doneness
1 Batch of Your Favorite Pizza Dough
6 oz White Garlic Pizza Sauce
1/4 C Fresh Basil Leaves, chiffonade
2 C Mozzarella, shredded
2 C Fried Onions
1 C Sliced Mushrooms, sauteed
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
2. Whisk in flour and continue whisking for 1-2 minutes. Do not let it brown.
3. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly until smooth, thickened, and bubbly.
4. Whisk in salt, pepper, and garlic.
5. Add cheese slowly and whisk until cheese is incorporated smoothly into the sauce. Once complete remove from heat and set aside to cool before using on pizza.
6. Do not boil after adding cheese or sauce may separate or curdle.
1. Peel onion, cut in half, and then cut into thin slices. Place in a bowl and cover with buttermilk.
2. Mix flour and seasonings together.
3. Add a few onion slices to flour mixture and shake to coat. Shake off excess flour and place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
4. Heat oil in a cast iron skillet to 350°F. Add onions a few at a time until crispy. Remove to a wire rack to drain.
1. Preheat oven to 550°F and add pizza stone if you have one. Let stone heat for at least 20 minutes.
2. Roll out pizza dough into a circle on a pizza wheel covered in cornmeal or plenty of flour (so the dough can easily slide on to the pizza stone or pizza pan).
3. Spread white sauce across dough, after evenly spread, sprinkle mozzarella, and sauteed mushrooms. If you like your pizza the more cheese the better, you can also add dollops of ricotta.
4. Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
5. Remove from oven, spread steak slices, basil and fried onions across the pizza, slice and serve immediately.
Have you found your new favorite pizza? We know we have! Don’t forget to share photos on social media with #FourWindsCasino or by emailing photos to email@example.com. Emailed or tagged photos could be featured on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest pages!
The Culinary Team at Four Winds Casinos is dedicated to the art of preparing and serving delectable dishes. We enjoy sharing recipes with our guests and fans because we know you love Copper Rock Steakhouse, Kankakee Grille, Timbers, and White Birch Market.
Leave a Reply