Perfect for tailgating on chilly afternoons or for a quick warm up after a fun day outside. Chili Verde is a rich soup full of flavor and adds just the right twist to traditional chili.
1 1/2 lbs Chicken Breast, Boneless/Skinless
1 Poblano Pepper, Fresh
1 lb Tomatillo
5 oz Yellow Onion, Diced
5 oz Green Pepper, Diced
1 Bay Leaf
1 tsp Thyme Leaves, Dry
1 tsp Ground Cumin
4 oz Chicken Base
1 tsp Garlic, Fresh/Minced
1/2 gal Tap Water
2 lbs Great Northern Beans
1 oz Cilantro, Fresh/Chopped
3 oz Vegetable Oil
Kosher Salt & Black Pepper to Taste
1. Season and grill the chicken breast, cook half way only. Let cool, split, dice, and place in the fridge covered until needed.
2. Char the tomatillos and poblanos on the grill. Remove from heat, cover with plastic and let sit.
3. In an 8 qt. saucepan, over medium heat, add the oil. When hot add the onions and peppers and cook until translucent.
4. Add the bay leaves, thyme, basil, cumin and garlic, and sauté.
5. Add the chicken, tap water (Reserving ¼ cup), chicken base, and beans. Bring to a boil and simmer.
6. In a blender add tomatillos, cilantro, remaining tap water, season with salt and pepper, and then, puree.
7. Add the blended products to the saucepan and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Now that all your friends have been drawn to the kitchen from the sweet aroma of cooking, grab some bowls and enjoy! Don’t be surprised when there is a request for your famous chili at every event! Share photos of your chili masterpiece on social media with #FourWindsCasino or by emailing photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emailed or tagged photos could be featured on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+ pages!
The Culinary Team at Four Winds Casinos is dedicated to the art of preparing and serving delectable dishes. We enjoy sharing recipes with our guests and fans because we know you love our restaurants—which are some of the finest restaurants in New Buffalo, Michigan, South Bend, Indiana and the surrounding area. Four Winds Casinos offers fine dining at Copper Rock Steakhouse, modern dining with a twist at Kankakee Grille, and our popular Timbers Fast Food & Deli.
Your email address and W♣ Card number will not be displayed with your comment.