Blueberry Bread Pudding
Do you really want to impress your dinner guests but are not confident in your baking skills? Bread pudding is the perfect place to start. Bread pudding is sweet, creamy and very versatile. Chef Brandon explains that you can use fresh, day-old or stale bread making this dessert not only delicious but a great way to utilize your pantry! Not a fan of blueberries? Try strawberries, peaches, or another favorite. Now that your mind is racing with possibilities to get started.
16 Oz. French Bread Loaf, Cut into Cubes
8 Oz. Cream Cheese, cut into small pieces
1 C. Blueberries
6 Large Eggs
4 C. Milk
½ C. Granulated Sugar
¼ C. Unsalted Butter, Melted
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
1/3 C. Sliced Almonds
2 C. Blueberries
10 Oz. Blueberry Preserves
1. Lightly grease a 9″x 13″x 2″ baking pan.
2. Place about half of the bread cubes in pan. Place the cream cheese and 1 cup of the blueberries evenly over the bread. Top with the remaining bread.
3. Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, and lemon juice. Pour over the bread mixture. Press the bread down into the egg mixture as needed. Sprinkle with almonds.
4. Cover and chill 8 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Bake covered for 40 minutes. Then, uncover and bake 30 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
7. Let the bread pudding stand for 5 minutes before serving.
1. Place the remaining blueberries and preserves in a saucepan and stir to combine. Cook over low heat until warm.
2. Serve the bread pudding with warm blueberry sauce.
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra punch of flavor and creaminess.
Ta-da! Warm bread pudding is amazing and we’re betting there won’t be any leftovers! Let us know and share photos on social media with #FourWindsCasino or by emailing photos to email@example.com. Tune in to more Cooking Creations with Chef Brandon on our Instagram and Facebook accounts for step by step videos.